There are many ways to show your support of Rotary and our fight to end sex trafficking. Through the donation of funds or in-kind goods, you can directly help spread the word and support local victims.
You can send checks made out to East Portland Rotary Foundation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for mailing instructions.
Donate Gift Cards:
Fast food restaurants in $5 denominations (Burgerville, Burger King, McDonald’s, etc.)
Personal needs stores in $10 denominations (Walgreens, Fred Meyer, Rite Aid, Walmart, etc.)
Donate hygiene products:
We are also in search of donated advertising space.
Other ways to support in the fight against human trafficking:
- Volunteer in a community program. Call the program directly and ask about opportunities to volunteer.
- Provide financial support for programs that support victims of sexual exploitation. Call the programs and see what they need.
- Work to eliminate www.backpage.com and similar websites that promote commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC).
- Help raise awareness by talking about the issue and asking questions.
- Support federal and state laws to combat Human Trafficking by contact your representatives.
- Work to end pimp glorification and sexualization of children ~ contact the company responsible for this type of advertising when you see it and share your feelings.
- Ask your legislators to write laws that will provide tougher penalties for convictions of Human Trafficking.
- Start a petition you will send to your legislators.
- Share your experience with others on Facebook, Twitter, or your blog.
Please contact email@example.com to donate gift cards or hygiene products.
Register or Sign up at VolunteerSpot.com